Sunday, July 20, 2008

#12: From Mr. Winemiller, Grade 7 Math

When I'm not reading about the Gators, I like to read science fiction for enjoyment. As I was looking for a new author at Selby, I stumbled across Douglas Adams (first science fiction author alphabetically). His first in a series of books is titled: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. After reading a few chapters with my opinion of it going for a roller coaster ride, I was about to give up on it, until I realized it was full of satire. Adams balances futuristic imagination with humor as the main characters try to find the true meaning of life, the universe, and everything. He particularly enjoys poking fun at human nature. I find myself laughing out loud when I least expect it, which is a new experience for me with science fiction. I've completed the second book as well, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. There are five books in this series.

No comments: